My last blog of the year is a review of the best places I have hiked this year. I was going to do a list of top ten hikes but I could not narrow it down to a good twenty. Plus the order would change as I was thinking about which hike should be placed on the list. I decided on places because it was easier but not easy. The top ten was not too difficult but the order was very hard. I did about 60 hikes this calendar year and they were spread out the entire twelve months. I had to compare the recent fresh in my mind place with a place that was hiked ten to eleven months ago. The ten places I have chosen, I have or will hike multiple times. Two places I have hiked but not blogged about yet. The ten places cover three states, a national park and a wildlife refuge.
10. Cedar Ridge Preserve-Minutes away from home and is one of the most scenic areas in Dallas County.
9. Hot Springs National Park-This quaint cozy park has some great views.
8. Pedernales Falls State Park-The Texas hill country is all over this list.
7. Pinnacle Mountain State Park-The second Arkansas park and a summit hike.
6. Enchanted Rock SNA-The park is more than The Rock. Hidden gems everywhere.
5. Lost Maples SNA-A nature made amphitheater with great trees, waterfalls and views.
4. Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge-This place has everything. Summits and waterfalls.
3. Caprock Canyon State Park-Home of the official bison herd of Texas. Plus canyon views.
2. Colorado Bend State Park-Gorman Falls is amazing but that is just the start.
1. Palo Duro Canyon State Park-The second largest canyon in the USA.
These top ten places that I have hiked in 2017 maed this a memorable and fantastic year. Next year I hope to have a totally different list of places.